My name is Vlad Călin, I live in Iași, Romania
and I currently work as a full-stack developer for the danish company
My professional career includes writing and maintaining a lot of
code in various systems, from data processing distributed
During my current and previous jobs, I worked with the following
Python 2.x and 3.x (I prefer 3.x over 2.x any time of the
experience with plenty of frameworks and libraries serving
purposes such as web development (Django, Flask, Tornado,
distributed computing (Celery), web crawling (Scrapy,
and the list can go on ...
also develop SPAs using React).
- Some basic CSS and HTML
styling I mostly use frameworks such as Bootstrap,
- I use mostly PostgreSQL as it
relational database choice and I also have some experience
NoSQL databases such as Redis and MongoDB
Docker for basically anything
development, to QA, continuous integration and deployment).
- Linux as my main operating
as it is more flexible for my development needs.
- Ansible for automating most of
for my personal projects
I'm striving to understand the complexity of the world.
Now I'm going to say a few
words about what I like doing in my spare time, which is closely
connected to the above statement (which is also present on the landing
I see life as a game in which you are a participant whether you like
it or not and since you are a player in this game, you may at least
learn (most of) its rules to make the most out of it. In order to do that
you have to admit that you know next to nothing about anything and start
researching the topics that influence your life the most.
Therefore, in my spare time I like to learn as much as possible about
the topics that I believe are the most meaningful for figuring out how the
These topics, in my opinion and in no specific order, are:
- Technology - for figuring out how to do things more efficiently
- Economy - for understanding the society
- Psychology - for understanding people
- Probabilities and statistics - because nothing is absolute
- Start with why - by Simon Sinek
- How to win friends and influence people - by Dale
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die -
- Nirvana (they influenced me the most)
- Monster Magnet