To get to know me a little bit, I'll put here some general info about me, what I do and some things that I think would help you get an idea about what kind of person I am.
I am a full-stack software developer from Iasi, Romania, I enjoy working with a lot of technologies (primarily Python, React and Docker) and I focus on problems, finding and building solutions and generally, getting things done.
Things I like
- Reading: Start with why - Simon Sinek, Millionaire fastlae - M.J. DeMarco, Tribe of Mentors - Tim Ferris, Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
- Music - Mostly rock and metal: Clutch, Beasto Blanco, The Temperance Movement, Planet of Zeus, Mississippi Bones and many others: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3sEKltUyb0EQRuf395e7UK?si=eHaxUWFeSN6NPSCfw4cbAg
- Painting (occasionally, entry hobby level)
- Photography and digital post processing (occasionally, entry hobby level)
- Programming - working on Amethyst Platform (more info coming soon)
- Interested in startups, business, economics and finance.
I believe horizontal learning (or being a generalist) is more powerful than vertical learning (being a specialist), but you have to be a combination of both to succeed professionally and personally.
I believe extremes are dangerous (here are always more than binary choices) and people should always thrive to be as close to the center as possible. The truth isn't absolute, but a combination of multiple factors. This takes me to another personal, belief: life is a bunch of chances and probabilities. There is no absolute thing, and there is risk in everything. Sometimes things go wrong even when we play our hand perfectly, sometimes things go better than expected against all odds.
I believe in Hanlon's Razor.
I believe there are certain areas of knowledge that give individuals unfair advantages in society:
- economics (including personal finances) - not understanding money is one of the biggest factors in bad management of money and bad management of money leads to .
- psychology - helps you understand and empathize with people
- probabilities and statistics - makes you immune to an important amount of misinformation and helps in better decision making.
- technology - allows a better understanding of how things work and improves efficiency because computers are all around us and they will continue to be for a long time.